[NSRCA-discussion] OS 140 EFI and OS 1.60 FI

Grow Pattern pattern4u at comcast.net
Tue Aug 1 18:47:00 AKDT 2006

If you use an "A" mount the injector/regulator will last just fine. The big
2-c runs smoother than a 4-c so you can afford less isolation.

Take care to insulate the module from vibration and voltage spikes.

Common  OS 1.60 FI problems are:
 - bad/sticking check valves - engine needs good tank pressure easy to test
for and fix - often confused with bad injector symptoms.

- failed temp-sensors - will run but hard to start - often confused with bad
injector symptoms.

- failed tach-sensor - Motor starts and stops immediately- no rpm no fuel
supply!

Common OS EFI problem:
- Swollen seal on main-bearing - drags on main shaft counter balance at idle
and causes quitting - usually caused by overheating or some petroleum based
products - misleads operator to look for other causes.

Duct and keep crankcase cool on both engines for good runs and to prevent
above problems.

Prop below 8,000rpm. On the ground shoot for 7,800rpm max and then richen
slightly. 20% coolpower Pro-pattern works well.

EFI and FI lets you override tuned pipe peaks (Lean spots). This could be
bad or not depending upon what you are looking for. One way is to set the
pipe length for good top end and dial transition with module.

Regards,

Eric.