[NSRCA-discussion] Brio 10 balance and weights

Dean Funk deanfunk1 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 23 16:29:17 AKDT 2006

My hits the scales at 32.5 oz and balances at 4 1/4"
with a Torque 2818T, Airboss 45 amp, Thunder Power
2100 mah, JR 649 receiver and eflight s75's with the
rudder servo in the tail.

The battery is up against the wing tube and the rec is
on the pull-pull ruder servo rails in the rear of the
fuse.

I ended up moving the motor back about an 1/8 inch,
the rear of the cowl over hangs the canopy by about
1/8" - maybe 3/16". Didn't have any problems with the
canopy blowing off.

I also have a light weight carbon steerable tail-wheel
bracket that might be adding a gram or two.

Had two nice flights today off a grass field that
needed mowing - after removing the wheel pants had no
problem taking off or landing in 2 - 3" high grass -
wasn't really thick grass - early spring scruffy
grass.

She flys nice, I was told the 12x6 is the better prop
for this motor, the 11x7 that I have pulled it fine.
but didn't have great vertical or hover with the 11x7
- going to try a 12x6 soon....

Really fun to fly - snaps and spins great, crazy roll
rate and lands nice - what the other guys are saying
is right you need to fly it all the way in and grease
it in with minimal flair. Smooth in the air with 10 -
guesting to 15 in cross winds...

--- "Tim Of Global Electronics, Ltd."