[NSRCA-discussion] Fw: Buyers Guide

Thomas D. Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Tue Apr 18 12:42:04 AKDT 2006

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 10:17:08 -0400
"robert schofield" <rschofield5282 at wowway.com> wrote:

> It sure would be cool if we could get the "Buyers Guide" published
> again. I joined the NSRCA in 1995 just get the Buyers Guide so I could
> find where to buy the real pattern stuff. All of the cottage industry
> designers and builders were in the buyers guide. I don't know of any
> single place or resource to look for the current pattern kits,
> engines, parts and accessories. The information is scattered all over
> the place. New flyers interested in joining and starting in pattern
> don't have a single place where they can look and drool over the "Real
> Pattern " stuff.
>
> Bob S.

Not to dilute the idea of a printed guide in any way, but a while ago on
the list an impromptu "Good Guys list" thread was started where folks
listed vendors whom they thought had treated them well and had valuable
products.

Here's the start of that thread:
http://lists.nsrca.org/mailman/htdig/nsrca-discussion/2005-February/027748.html

Perhaps we should take that idea one step further and put up a "Good
Guys" webpage on the NSRCA site.  Submissions would be on the honor
system - obviously no submitting yourself or any businesses you have a
pecuniary interest in, and manufacturers couldn't pay for a listing.
Back to the printed buyers guide, a "Good Guys" list would seem to be a
great starting point for Lance's step 5 (solicitation campaign).

What do you guys think?

Tom

   "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Thomas D. Simes                                 simestd at netexpress.com