[NSRCA-discussion] Electrics

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Tue Apr 18 05:29:13 AKDT 2006

Dave,

  All the literature I have seen for rating the amp-hour capacity of lead-acid batteries use a 20 hour discharge rate. So, in your case, that would be about 5 amps. Obviously, if you draw more than 5 amps, you will not get the rated capacity.

  Bob R.

David Lockhart <DaveL322 at comcast.net> wrote:
      FWIW - I've been using a Sears Marine part #27582 lead acid battery as a power source at the field.  Weight is about 65 pounds.  Rated capacity is 108 amps (can't remember what discharge rate was used to yield that capacity).