[NSRCA-discussion] Single motor rule. . .

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Wed Apr 12 12:29:32 AKDT 2006

On Apr 12, 2006, at 3:19 PM, JShulman wrote:

> Anyone got measurements and weights on this set-up (motor set-up
> less props/spinner)?

I saw it at Toledo and Maxx Product's Jarvis Yeh told me it puts out
5 horsepower.  At 746 watts per horsepower, that's 339 watts per
pound for an 11 pound airplane.  200 watts per pound will give you
extreme 3D capability.  That motor setup is more appropriate for a 20
- 25 pound airplane.

Ron Van Putte