[NSRCA-discussion] Header Tank Question????

jivey61 at bellsouth.net jivey61 at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 11 14:17:48 AKDT 2006

Larry
 The header tank (4 oz dubro works) needs to be mounted the same level as the main tank but forward of it.You can leave the DZ clunk in the main tank and run a straight tube in the header. It should be full all the time or at least the last to go empty.Plumb so the header supplies the engine and the main tank supplies the header.Fill through the header tank when it is full the main will then start filling.
No need for a clunk in the header. Now since you have more nose weight you will need to rebalance. The main fuel is used first so CG won't change much unless you fly the header empty.

Jim Ivey