[NSRCA-discussion] Ultimate Spread Spectrum

Jay Marshall lightfoot at sc.rr.com
Tue Apr 11 10:32:29 AKDT 2006

Now that I am receiving again, I'll throw this out and shake things up.

Many cell phones have data ports. Why not attach an encoder from a TX box to
one, and then a phone & decoder in the aircraft? No interference, infinite
channels, infinite range. A little more weight but not too much if you use
the aircraft battery. Perhaps dual links for fail-safe? And how about
telemetry on the down link? Someone will say that the FCC would oppose this,
but all we are doing is sending data from one FCC approved phone to another.

Jay Marshall