[NSRCA-discussion] ball links

rcaerobob at cox.net rcaerobob at cox.net
Tue Apr 4 07:43:45 AKDT 2006

For me, the real issue with the ball links on the servo side is the height of the twisting force against the arms.  If you use stock nylon arms (even Dubro "strong" arms), a ball link generates enough twist in a high load maneuver to let the control surface deflection sag.

This can be completely addressed using Airwild or H9 aluminum arms, but most hesitate to spend $8 per servo to make a ball link work.

On the other hand, many "believe" ball links cannot work, so therefore, they DO NOT WORK.

I've used 'em, with alum arms, work fine.
But still prefer my "simple is better" approach using nylon 2-56 clevises on nylon control takeoffs in nylon servo arms.  Never get slop, thus never having shock-load slop-induced component failure.

It's what I'm doing - again - on the Tojeiro now.

> From: Stuart Chale <schale at optonline.net>
> Date: 2006/04/04 Tue AM 11:25:31 EDT
> Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] ball links
>
> Thanks.  I am talking about what I had been told over 10 years ago.  Most
> people referring the the dubro ball links.   I think the helicopter style
> ball links make a lot of sense at least on the servo side.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stuart
>

>   _____

Bob Pastorello, El Reno, OK, USA