[NSRCA-discussion] The Pilot

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Tue Apr 4 03:28:04 AKDT 2006

John,

  I'm taking the inexpensive route right now. A Hangar 9 Extra 260 ARF (< $380) and a 50cc class engine (< $600). Only one servo per surface. I already have radio, servos, etc. Fuel costs will be less.

  The engine I chose is the Evolution 45GX, but a DA50 is the most popular choice and is a great engine for about the same price.

  Bob R.

John Pavlick <jpavlick at idseng.com> wrote:
      Bob,
   How much does it cost to get started in IMAC? I've seen some of those big gas planes and they look really cool. I don't have one yet, but if the price were right I might give one a try. I got started in pattern for around $1100.00 - I already had a transmitter and flight box etc. and I bought used equipment. If I could spend the same and get a nice big Edge or Extra I might start looking at that stuff. Just wondering.

    John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com