[NSRCA-discussion] USA team trials

Derek Koopowitz derekkoopowitz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 08:46:59 AKDT 2006

Here is my point and perhaps this has been missing from the posts...

My catering to the FAI pilots (and I fly FAI) we are forced to have the Nats
banquet on the Tuesday evening instead of the Wednesday evening after
everyone has finished flying their Nats.  In the past we've used the banquet
to announce the winners of Intermediate and Advanced and then announced the
finalists of Masters and FAI.  Now we are essentially forced to have two
separate prizegivings for Intermediate/Advanced and Masters/FAI.  If we want
to be inclusive and ensure that everyone is a part of our great organization
then why have the needs of 7 pilots (FAI finalists) dictate to the rest of
the attending NSRCA participants when the banquet should be held.

I'm also sure that for any judging assignments that a finalist may have on
that Wednesday afternoon - a suitable replacement can be found for them.  In
fact, we could probably narrow down the potential top 10 and ensure that
their judging assignments are taken care of on the Monday and Tuesday well
in advance of the start of the Nats and then we wouldn't have to worry about
them judging on the Wednesday afternoon.