[NSRCA-discussion] Pattern Clinic Redux

jonlowe at aol.com jonlowe at aol.com
Mon Apr 3 08:33:52 AKDT 2006

All,
Given the success of the pattern clinic held in South Carolina this
past weekend, I got to thinking about another style of clinic that
could be held during the winter months.  This one would be about
fabrication and equipment installation techniques.  My dream would be:

Troy Newman doing a hands on demo of installing the DEPS and pull-pull
rudder in a composite fuselage

Mike Hester showing how to construct a wood roach

Lamar Blair showing how composite fuselages are made.

Ken Blackwell demonstrating fiberglassing a wood fuselage

ARF assembly for new pilots by Bob Pasterello

Airplane alignment techniques

Tuning a 2 cycle pipe

Servo maintenance by Tony Stillman: how to know when to change a pot

Installing a firewall/motor mount/nose ring in a composite fueselage,
such as an Impact

Lightweight Painting and film covering techniques for pattern aircraft

Foam wing construction

Proper equipment installation.  Mechnical setup vs. rates vs. servo
resolution

Jason Shulman and Dave Lockhart on electric powered pattern planes

Techniques for finding those hidden ounces and getting rid of them

What do y'all think?

Jon Lowe