Iron Bay Regulator

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at goodsonacura.com
Fri Sep 23 05:59:26 AKDT 2005

I think all the experimenting and tinkering is great stuff.  I have myself have tried the various things like regulators and check valves, hopper tanks and external pumps.   For what its worth and I direct this at anyone just getting into the hobby.  It is WELL WORTH the extra bucks to invest in an engine that has its own pump/carb combination.  Doesn't matter if its 2 or 4 stroke.  If you want a reliable, start every day, predictable setup this is the best and least frustrating way to go.  The only way I could make the ST2300 run right was with a Perry pump.  But I also had to have the Perry carb to match.  Once I had that setup it was a perfect match and still fly that engine today with the same setup and it is nearly flawless. The OS 1.40's are the same way.

I applaud those that experiment for benefit of others.  With out that many of us would be frustrated past the point of not wanting to fly.

To bad OS hasn't woken up to the fact that they would sell many more of the 1.60's if it had a pump.  Or redesign it accept a pump if one chooses to convert it.  But then the carb would need a redesign to work with the pump.

Has anyone out there tried the Perry large bore carb with the Perry pump on the OS 1.60?

Wayne Galligan
NSRCA 3852  D6