K-Factor Editor

Lamar Blair l.blair at worldnet.att.net
Mon Sep 19 12:16:41 AKDT 2005

All,

We are looking for a new K-Factor editor who can take over from Chris Larson right away. Chris has increasing responsibilities at work and has asked to be replaced.

The editor is responsible for:
1. Collect articles and advertisements from the officers, other contributors, and the advertising manager.
2. Retrieve pattern meet calendar from the NSRCA web site for publishing in the K-F.
3. Check spelling and punctuation of articles and edit as necessary.
4. Compile advertisers' copy.
5. Select photo and write caption for the cover.
6. Forward content (articles, pictures, advertisements) to the publisher.
7. Publisher places content in the pre-set format and returns copy to editor for review.
8. Review draft of the K-Factor received from the publisher. Verify article, photo, and advertising placement. Insure no content is missing. Check for readability.
9. Work with the publisher as needed to make corrections to the draft.
10. Approve the draft/corrected draft for publication.

The current schedule has articles due to the editor by the 15th, copy sent to the publisher about the 21st, publisher returns proof about the 28th, proof needs final aproval about the first. We are looking at moving the dates back about 5 days to start on the 10th in order to allow more time to make corrections to the proof and still approve it by the first.

If you are interested in this position please contact me .

Lamar