Mail List Changes - Yahoo Groups

Keith Black tkeithb at comcast.net
Tue Sep 13 09:48:10 AKDT 2005

In my last email I said I would research the Yahoo Groups Forum, so I've
setup an NSRCA forum on Yahoo to let everyone see how a Yahoo NSRCA
discussion list would work. I'm not heavily lobbying for this approach, but
I do think there's value in it and I thought it would be nice if everyone
had the opportunity to check it out.

Anyone can view the site by visiting:

If you wish to post you must join the group. If you already have a Yahoo ID
joining is little more than selecting to subscribe and selecting a couple of
options. If you don't have a Yahoo ID you can get one by filling out a very
simple one-page form (about 2 minutes worth).

As you will see this site is a fully functioning forum with message history,
searching, chat, a files database, photo database, etc. Granted there are
only a couple of messages and pictures since the forum is brand new.

Members of the forum have the option to have each message delivered, as is
currently done with the NSRCA mailing list, receive a daily message digest,
or to view messages in the forum only. The forum can view every message in
sequential order or grouped by topic. You can also review in expanded or
condensed mode for quicker scanning through the daily messages.

A couple of things I find nice about the forum approach is I don't have to
choose between being inundated with email or completely miss out on what's
going on. If I go out of town for a while I'm not getting tons of email
stack up and I don't have to drop off the list and miss out on everything.
The Yahoo Groups can also be checked from anywhere one has Web access, not
just where you have your email delivered.

I created a poll asking for people's opinion regarding the mailing list JUST
to experiment with the polling ability in Yahoo Groups and to demonstrate
how convenient it is to easily poll our members. Since everyone isn't a
member the results of this poll obviously won't be indicative of our members
' viewpoint.

Let me know what you think.

Keith Black

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.