Hard Mount???

ccmlbuck ccmlbuck at comcast.net
Tue Sep 6 17:21:25 AKDT 2005

Mark,  I used a Gator mount in a Desire 120 with the 120AC engine years ago.  It was not a good thing.  Shook the sh-- out of the plane.  Had to replace grommets often.  Never broke a header though.  Some soft mounts can be worse than a hard mount.  When I replaced it with a Hyde mount the ailerons went from a total blur to pretty clear.  I agree that some sport planes with the hard mounted motor have done well.  Most of the IMAC planes are hard mounted with the big gas shakers and do fine.  They fly as much as we do.  I think you should try a total hard mount and let us know how it goes.  If you really want low vibration though quit being a tight wad and get electric.