Smallest Car that Conveniently Holds 2x2 Widebody

George Kennie geobet at gis.net
Tue Sep 6 15:38:36 AKDT 2005

A Taurus Wagon will perform admirably.I have a Mercury Sable wagon,
which is the same animal and I can stick a full 2 M bird behind the
drivers seat with the spinner at the rear of the vehicle and still
get my 2 flight boxes in the rear section of the rear deck and still
have no problem carrying a front passenger and also a rear passenger
behind the passenger's seat.The rear seats fold almost dead flat and
can be operated independantly of each other. As far as fuel mileage
goes, if you pump up the tires to about 40 pounds you will get
astounding results and the drag coefficient of the body is such that
the faster you go the better mileage you will realize.On one of my
trips to the Nats I actually got 31.5 mpg on one tankful, but
averaged 30.5 for the trip (950 mi).on a car with 130 K miles
averaging about 72 mph. Kinda utility with looks! As you can tell, I
like the car.Has yet to have any major repairs and I bought it
second-hand.
Georgie