Smallest Car that Conveniently Holds 2x2 Widebody

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Tue Sep 6 06:58:18 AKDT 2005

My wife drives an Element. I had not thought about using it to transport a 2m pattern plane. I think it is doable, with the nose(s) between the front seats. Other option is to have one front and one rear passenger, with the planes on the right side of the car. The front passenger seat can fold down, the rear passenger side seat can come out altogether.

Gas mileage is not as good as I had hoped. Highway mpg at 70mph is less than 24.

Bob R.

Ken Blackwell <kblackw at adelphia.net> wrote:
How about a Honda Element? Butt ugly but with plenty of room and good
gas economy.

Ken Blackwell

brian young wrote:

> So, anyone have any suggestions.....?