Stabs

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Thu Oct 20 08:18:01 AKDT 2005

Wayne-o

Of course it is...if you are smokin' crack......................

Seriously.......I heard this works well on control line stuff, the carrier
landing guys use it.

Gray Fowler
Principal Chemical Engineer
Composites Engineering

"Wayne Galligan" <wgalligan at goodsonacura.com>
10/20/2005 09:23 AM

"Rick Wallace" <rickwallace45 at hotmail.com>, "Gray E Fowler"
<gfowler at raytheon.com>
cc
<discussion at nsrca.org>
Subject
Re: Stabs

This is probably going off  the deep end but possibly an alternative to
wing warping....

If you made movable wing halves could you eliminate the stab control
movement all together making it a fixed stab with no elevator by using two
high powered servo's(8611's) in the fuse with mixing like elevons.  You
would most likely need a good bearing on the wing tube for smooth movement
and control.    The mixing would control wing incidence for pitch and
opposite movement of wing halves for roll control.    Thus you would have
only four servo's instead of  6 like in a dual servo stab setup.   No
ailerons, no elevator the only hinged surface would be the rudder.

  Gray, now Is that possible ????

Wayne Galligan