NVRA Arcola Contest - Thanks

randy10926 at comcast.net randy10926 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 5 05:24:43 AKDT 2005

For those that came to the Arcola,VA contest on 24/25 Sept 2005, my deepest thanks.  We had 18 flyers with good spread between the classes.  We all seemed to have a great time flying and visiting.  Thanks for making the last pattern contest at this flying site a very nice event.  Having it as the D2 championship was icing on the cake.  The club was recently notified that our presence on the land was interferring with the sale and development of the land and where asked to depart the location.  While it appears the club will have use of the site until next spring, we will not have the site for next falls contest.  So this was the last pattern contest on this flying site.

The club is working two flying sites, one with the county park authority and one with a private land owner.  Also we have started talks with another club in the area about using their field for a pattern contest.  So the possibility of a pattern contest in the area exists and pattern flying in the DC area is picking back up some.

Randy Hatfield