FW: OS 160 pump backplate

Koenig, Tom Tom.Koenig at actewagl.com.au
Tue Oct 4 14:33:04 AKDT 2005

Gents-just passing on Chris's comments ( I tried to get him to sign up)

Tom

Dear Discussion list,

Regarding Eric's comments for the OS160. I have been flying this set-up for around two years now with none of the problems that were mentioned. There are multiple things that will affect mixtures through the rev range. Type of pipe, tuning of pipe( lengths etc), fuel used(oil and nitro content), plug, compression ratio etc.

    All I have done is reduced pump pressure by half a turn, run an OS F plug, an old carbon Mintor pipe, 15% cool power oil 15% nitro and spent a lot of time initially setting the optimum pipe length( don't ask me what it is), as all I have done is kept changing it until I was satisfied. My set-up is very soft, the motor comes on the pipe very early in the rev range ( maybe you are running a peaky set-up?)

 Out of all the engines I have run over the years ( including YS's) I have found it to be the best set-up for me. It is the smoothest in regards to mixture and rpm's. You may not have explored all the tuning options? What works for me hasn't obviously worked for others. By the same token there are many guys who have problems with a YS, OS or whatever they choose to run.

Feel free to contact me at   <mailto:Christopher.Swain at csiro.au> Christopher.Swain at csiro.au

Best regards

Chris Swain