2006 Nationals NSRCA event planning

Grow Pattern pattern4u at comcast.net
Wed Nov 23 16:45:40 AKST 2005

I have received several e-mails and phone calls concerning the provisional
plans for the 2006 Nationals printed in the K-Factor. Specifically there
were some very genuine concerns around the idea of starting 402 and 403 a
day later than 404 and 406 so that all the classes would finish on the same
day. The last couple of times the 402 ad 403 winners had to wait an extra
day to get their awards.

This thinking was to put up the idea early for discussion to get feedback
with plenty of time to process the ideas!

Just so there is no more confusion - this was just one very provisional idea
that I put into print. I can't take the credit for the idea but I can accept
the blame for going into print too quickly.

Dave Guerin has now been appointed to the new position of the NSRCA
Competitions Manager. This means that I can now surrender any and all of my
official role in the next nationals. Dave is now the National's point-man
and will be running with all of the 2006 event issues. I know that Dave has
had the same feedback and will soon print his own response/plan in the
K-Factor. The NSRCA process is that Dave will submit his plan to the NSRCA
board for ratification.

So if you want to raise any issues about this years or next years National's
just contact Dave at dtg at triad.rr.com or your District- VP etc.

What I am really writing about in this note? Yes, I will finally get to it.

I can now ask the question about what night do you all think is the best
night to have our Nationals NSRCA general meeting and banquet/auction?

In the past we have held the banquet on the Wednesday night. The benefits to
using the Wednesday night are;

- the event is over for most of us and we can all let her hair down and
celebrate a little :-)
- the winners of 402 and 403 can receive their awards and recognition in
front of the Nationals contingent
- the finalists can be announced for 404 and 406
- the finals flight orders can be picked out of the hat for each class.
- judges for the finals can be chosen and announced
- the auction can be run in a more festive environment.

For the last couple of years the NSRCA has been doing the banquet on the
Tuesday night. This has mainly been because of the work that takes place on
Wednesday to produce the unknown schedules for the FAI finalists.

As with all problems there are and may be many solutions.

I know that I have written this note with a leaning towards my own
preference of having it on a Wednesday night. But I'm really just looking to
see if there is a consensus or other ideas.

Regards,

Eric.

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.