Transmitter maintenance

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Mon Nov 21 12:55:19 AKST 2005

Right.  It was billed to me as useful for everything.  WD-40 never made the
claim, of course.  What it's good at, it's very good at.  Just don't spray
it on battery connectors and battery terminals, or you wind up with a fine,
white surface powder that is,as I say, dielectric.  And it's hard to remove;
seems as if it just keeps growing on the surface of the terminals and posts.
Eventually, some very energetic brushing got it back to where it should be.
But around boats--I just don't think it can be beat.  Especially around
boats used in  salt water. (Ugh!  Nasty stuff!)
Billl Glaze