Vinyl

ronlock at comcast.net ronlock at comcast.net
Mon Nov 21 05:08:15 AKST 2005

Agree on avoiding sharp points.
If you order letters cut at a vinyl sign shop, try asking for your
chosen font in a "rounded" style.  Lots of fonts are available that
way, they just slightly round the corners.

Ron Lockhart

Hi Mike, hows it going?

I have used vinyl to cover a plane, try to avoid really sharp points cause they are easier to peel. Other than that I bought my vinyl at a sign shop, and had them cut some on their sign machine also.

The size is a 36" wide roll as I recall, length you determine. I forget what it cost by the foot. Use a lot of soapy water to keep bubbles down, I trapped a few bubbles and they will go away after a while, all mine were gone within 9 months. Like Ed says, it can be cut w/ a rolling blade. Also a razor works or scissors, but the roller sounds like a really good idea...i bet you could do curves w/ it.

It might be on the heavy side, and bigger pieces are harder to put down w/o bubbles. So keep that in mind when you design your pattern.

mike bryant <factor562003 at yahoo.com> wrote:
u can cut it with a rolling blade cutter real easy and u can buy it at WalMart

Ed Deaver <divesplat at yahoo.com> wrote:
Have several questions for those of you that have used vinyl to accent prepainted plains.

How much is the vinyl and in what sizes does it come?

Can it be cut like Monocote?

Do you have to go through a "signs company"

To keep bubbles out, do you use amonia, or some other solvent?

My cuts will be straight lines, can I do this without a lazer printer/cutter?

How have the edges held up for you?

anything else is appreciated.

Thanx in advance

ed