Transmitter maintenance

Koenig, Tom Tom.Koenig at actewagl.com.au
Sun Nov 20 19:37:19 AKST 2005

Patrick,

In addition to Bills advice-if it is really hard to work it-just replace it. Aerials are considered a consumable and are a cheap item. I find I get about 3-4 years service out of mine-sometimes less in dusty conditions!

I have actually worn out a radio's gimbals-this could be your situation too? In my case I simply ordered replacement parts from Tony at Radio South. Depending on how you cope with stress <BG> you may wish to pay someone else to carry out this operation!
In my case I had a  Futaba W/C sprawled from one end of my bench to the other-STRESS- but a bit of careful thought and it all went back together. So don't let it frighten you too much if it comes to this kind of repair.

A squeak could be a sign of a ribbon touching somewhere or just the need for a little bit of 'servo grease' on the gimbals drum ratchet.

Open the radio up and have a look- see what wonders await you! <G>

Good luck.

Tom