What was voting outcome...?

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Thu Nov 17 06:01:47 AKST 2005

This real issue here is not whether people are competent enough to hit
want to read...or if I want someone else to decide what I want to read.

The current (new) method, puts that decision in the hands of the author,
the old way puts that decision in the hands of the reader.

Needless to say, there is "burden" for the reader if there is more they
don't want to read, than there is that they do want to read.

The vote tells me that most...at least most of who voted publicly (Let's
be clear that many voted withOUT hitting "reply all") prefer to read
more than they delete, and therefore prefer having the choice
themselves.

I for one ride the fence on this...  There are threads that seem
wearisome...and I find myself deleting entire blocks of email because of
it.  On the flip side, there are stupid "chit chat" threads that I find
myself enjoying for one reason or another.  They help me "bond" with
people I don't really know, and gives me a glimpse of their personality.
I enjoy that.  Sue me...Lol

Mark P. Atwood
Paragon Consulting, Inc.
440-684-3101, Ext 102