What constitutes an FAI flyer.

burtona at bellsouth.net burtona at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 11 06:44:28 AKST 2005

After being away from contest for a few years, I've gotten motivated to fly some again (after a few years of vision problems are now behind me). What is the most striking difference in the contest attendance to me is the lack of Sportsman & Intermediate flyers. These used to be the largest classes by far.
Mayby there is more fun stuff out there for them to do now (3D, Foamies, IMAC, etc).
Don't know what the answer but IMO it's a problem that needs fixing or there won't be anyone flyig contest as Master, FAI types age, lose interest, etc. and move away from competition.
Dave Burton

> From: "Dean Pappas" <d.pappas at kodeos.com>
> Date: 2005/11/11 Fri AM 10:29:15 EST
> To: <discussion at nsrca.org>