F3A judges for local comps

Peter Pennisi pentagon.systems at bigpond.com
Wed Nov 9 13:42:35 AKST 2005

We currently have a big problem with the number of experienced flyers which
show up at comps. We have a healthy number of F3A flyers and a good number
of new and very inexperienced sportsman class flyers. Unfortunately our
middle ranks have been decimated for reasons I am not really sure about
(that is a topic for another day).

Anyway this leaves us very short for experienced judges who a capable of
judging F3A.

We a going to try an experiment by having F3A flyers judge each other for
the comp. Lets say we have five F3A flyers -while one fly's the others judge
that flight which gives us four judges. We will drop the highest and lowest
scores and the other scores will be averaged to arrive at a flight score and
so forth.

Results for each of the rounds will not be available until the end of the
comp and flyers are not to discuss anything about judging the flights until
the end of the comp.

Has anyone tried this and are there any other suggestions we can use to make
it work.

The approach will fail if competitors team up to try and force a result but
the guys involved are not that type.

What do you all think?

Peter

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.