Foamie kits - was: Off subject

Tom Simes nsrca at shinymetalass.com
Wed Nov 9 06:51:56 AKST 2005

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 12:19:44 +0000
jeffghughes at comcast.net wrote:

> Does anyone sell the flat foamie kits without the motor?

About a month ago I put together one of these EPP foamies from
Slofly.com and have been having a blast with it - indoors and out.

>From http://slofly.com/

1 x Mini 3D EPP 26 (Mini 3D 26in) = $14.99
1 x Slofly Tube Mount (Slofly tube mount) = $3.99
3 x 30in. x .125in (3mm) CT (30in. x 3mm CT) = $7.62
1 x Carbon tee connector .125 (.125 tee connector) = $0.49
1 x Clear Liquid Nails (Clear Liquid Nails) = $3.49
1 x EPP hinge tape (.5in) (.5in EPP tape) = $2.39
1 x Slofly Brushless kit 22.7 N50 (Slofly N50 kit) = $12.99

>From various sources:
1 x GWS R-4P receiver and crystal
3 x Hitec HS-55 micro servos
1 x GWS 8043 8x4.3 indoor prop
1 x prop saver
1 x Dubro micro pushrod set (elevator, ruddder)
2 x Dubro micro control horn set
2 x carbon scraps for aileron pushrods
1 x Castle Creations Phoenix 10 brushless speed controller
2 cell, 340-450 mAh Lipoly batteries (and appropriate charger)

Notes:

With a 340 mAh pack, my all up weight came out to 4.9 ounces :)
The "kit" doesn't include any instuctions, follow the build links:
	http://slofly.com/mini3d/
I think I only used 2 of the carbon tubes
The Slofly brushless kit has a better bearing tube than Gobrushless
The BIC brand of Perm. markers seem to work better on EPP than Sharpies
The EPP tape from Slofly sticks great all by itself (no spray 77 needed)

**Mock up and check your CG BEFORE making cutouts for radio gear, had I
put my gear in the recommended place, it would have been WAY tail heavy.

Wrapping lipolys in a couple layers of 1-2mm packing foam extends cold
runtime a lot if you are flying outside!

--
Tom

       |  ,  |               Tom Simes
---------(@)---------        AMA 230068
        --|--                NSRCA 3830
          '                  simestd at netexpress.com

--
Tom

       |  ,  |               Tom Simes
        --|--                NSRCA 3830
          '                  nsrca at shinymetalass.com

--
Tom

   "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Thomas D. Simes                                 simestd at netexpress.com

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.