Mailing List/K Factor - Mail List Alternatives...

Dean Pappas d.pappas at kodeos.com
Thu Nov 3 06:51:09 AKST 2005

Hi Gang,
Steve has this absolutely right.
How about we try the following:
1) return to automatic reply-all. We have all goofed with the new setup.
2) Let's use this mailing list for the business of NSRCA that we don't necessarily want hanging out in the breeze:
	We can argue rules.
	We can debate how to teach judging.
	The schedule writing committees can use it as an easy way to communicate with each other, and keep other interested parties informed.
3) Let's note on this mailing list when you have created a new thread on a "more public" forum, so that we all know and can contribute in a place where potential newcomers can benefit.
4) This is the place to discuss and design an outreach that may be implemented on the other forum(s).
	Maybe our first order of business should be to create a small set of threads that cover general knowledge for the precision aerobatics newbie.
	How about an RCU thread that simply informs one as to where to sign-up for NSRCRA? It'll be a membership drive thread.

The big forums are not a replacement for this list, they are an excellent adjunct. Yes, we must adapt ... improvise ... overcome, or something cool sounding like that.

 Dean

Dean Pappas
Sr. Design Engineer
Kodeos Communications