removing paint overspray

BUDDYonRC at aol.com BUDDYonRC at aol.com
Tue May 24 05:50:41 AKDT 2005

In a message dated 5/24/2005 7:47:20 AM Central Daylight Time,
ed_alt at hotmail.com writes:

I've got a little bit of overspray to remove and need some advice.   It's PPG
concept, with basically a very, very light dusting of yellow  over white.
It's only visible in good light and you can feel the  roughness where the
overspray is.

It really looks like I can just rub it out, but the question I have is  with
what?  I don't want to clear coat it afterwards, so I'm looking for  a way to
rub it out and retain the full gloss of the finish.  Also, I  still want to
put some graphics in the area, so I don't want to use any  wax coat if at all
possible.  The yellow is about 3 days into curing  right now, the white is about
6 days.

TIA!

Ed A.

Ed
Wet sand it off with 2000 grit sand paper then polish with 3M #39007
Imperial Hand Glaze.
Before applying graphics clean the area with PPG # DX330 wax and grease
remover.
I usually wet sand my entire finish with 2000 grit paper being careful at
all sharp edges not to sand through the finish then polish out with the 3M hand
glaze and wax. No clear coat is necessary.
Buddy