4-stroke carbon pipe design Q's

patterndude at comcast.net patterndude at comcast.net
Mon May 23 07:00:13 AKDT 2005

I've gotten a lot of recomendations to add a carbon lightweight 4-stroke pipe to our lineup so I'm starting to look at a 4 stroke pipe design.  I have some questions:
1. What are the proper pipe inlet diameters that you desire on pipes
2. Worst reasonable case: how close is the pipe to the exhaust port
3. What max temperature at the inlet do you suspect (I'll be doing detailed research on this but want your opinion).
4. Is it possible to tune a 4 stroke at all, or is the muffling the only goal?  If tuning is possible, how does this work?
--Lance

--
District 6 AVP
www.aeroslave.com