sombra shdow 3

Steven Maxwell patternrules at earthlink.net
Thu May 19 17:36:56 AKDT 2005

1. The Tx signal recognition algorithm on the Rx analyzes the transmitter
characteristics, it identifies among other things the shift of the Tx,
number of channels, frame rate, etc. From here onwards only frames matching
these characteristics will be allowed to "graduate" to higher levels of
filtering. You can see this in action by performing this simple experiment:
Take two different Tx on the same frequency (e.g one 4ch. The other 7ch.).
Turn one Tx ON and let Shadow register it, now turn the first Tx OFF and
turn the second Tx ON, the second Tx commands will be rejected even though
it operates on the same frequency!. To register the second Tx, Shadow will
have to be power-cycled. We call this basic sanity or transmitter
recognition and Level-1 filtering. 2. Every incoming baseband signal is
continuously sampled and digitized. Our custom and proprietary digital
signal processing algorithms are applied to baseband and valid signals can
be recovered and reconstituted even in extremely noisy environments. We
call this level-2 filtering. Once a frame is processed it is passed to
level-3 filtering. 3. In level-3, we do another set of tests that qualify
the frame further, e.g. the servo output signals in the frame, the proper
sync pulse of a PPM frame, the low and high-phases of each pulse, etc. All
of these have to pass a rigorous qualification test before the signal is
sent out on the servo pins.

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.