Global Pattern

Adam Glatt adam.g at sasktel.net
Wed May 18 06:16:01 AKDT 2005

I believe the man with the big scale plane, who is also in about 3/4 of
the pictures, is Naruke of Japan (former WC).  Looks like he was there
to put on some demo flights, show off Futaba's latest wares, and add
star power to the event.

You can find information on the diesel by searching rcuniverse in the
pattern forum.  As I recall, the company that made it (Oxai?) also put
out a second, very similar model designed for electric with a name more
electric-oriented.  The diesel is the glow version.

-Adam

Bill Glaze wrote:

> Interesting.  Also I noted the presence of what seemed to be IMAC
> planes, due to their size and design.  It almost seemed as if it was a
> joint meet.  Also noted: one airplane that said "diesel" on the side;
> could it have been a diesel?  Noted too: the absence of any american
> built arfs.  Interesting string of photos.
>
> Bill Glaze
>
> Earl Haury wrote:
>
>> Pattern is really a global pass time and the language is the same
>> (regardless of dialect), gorgeous airplanes, good flying, top line
>> equipment, and good friends.
>>
>> Take a look at this website containing pictures from the 2005 China
>> F3A Cup. (Warning - it'll take forever with dial-up!)
>> http://www.5irc.com/content.asp?id=541694
>>
>> I was impressed at the '99 WC that the Chinese had a national postage
>> stamp depicting a pattern model. These folks take pattern seriously!
>>
>> Earl

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.