Fail-safe settings for control surfaces

Rick Kent knowhow3 at bellsouth.net
Tue May 17 09:59:38 AKDT 2005

You're one of the luckier ones then. What was the plane's attitude at the
time of lockout?
Point to ponder: Do you think you'd have noticed that "I ain't got it"
revelation sooner with the surfaces set to hold or set to a spin? The engine
throttle-back could be misconstrued  as a flameout, so I don't think that's
too reliable an indicator of lockout by itself.
Just curious. I would think it depends what you were doing with the controls
at the time of lockout.

Rick