Fail-safe settings for control surfaces

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Tue May 17 08:47:28 AKDT 2005

Long ago, I lost signal in my Hydeout doing slow roll.  The plane has pull-pull steel wires for elevator and rudder.  I lost the plane when the antenna was behind the wires during the slow roll.  I have the fail safe programmed to go idle and maintain controls in the last position.  The plane keep rolling slowly with the engine at idle until the antenna change position to "see" the TX directly and I regained control.  That was scary.  It took few seconds but felt like one hour.  I had time to rise the radio and check if the radio was on.

My solution was to change the antenna to the outside of the fuselage since was installed inside.  Now, all my planes have the antenna outside due to that problem.  I know that we can install the antenna inside without problems but I feel a lot more secure and confident having the antenna outside since the reception is better.   I never had the problem again and the plane is still active.

Regards,

Vince

Rick,
    My Prophecy went into failsafe (idle and hold for all other channels) and came out after about a second ( it seemed like an hour ).  I suspect interference but was not able to find any one month later using the district 6 scanner.
Paul