Icepoint/Hyde Mount

Bob Pastorello rcaerobob at cox.net
Sun May 15 10:30:46 AKDT 2005

I promised interested folks a report.
This is a really good setup.  Very quiet.  The mount moves a LOT, but my pipe mount moves right along, so it seems to be doing fine.  With the three blader, it is REALLY quiet in the air, and I don't have any thrust issues like I was with the MK.  Plus, the vibration is WAY down compared to the MK.

This is a darn good airplane.  Having some spin challenges (doesn't want to break, sort of mushes at the stall, starts as a spiral - ALL ZEROES), but EVERYTHING else is really very good.  The 8" CG seems okay, although it seems to be a bit more pitchy on KE than I expected.  With 15 degrees of elev, I'm needing about 4% mix.

Rolls very well, verticals are solid and straight.  Snaps stop VERY rapidly, no over-rotation at all. Low speed handling better than my Arresti, and it was DARN good.  Must be that HUGE wing out there....
    Anyway - I'm open to suggestions on spins.....anyone???

Bob Pastorello
www.rcaerobats.net
rcaerobob at cox.net