[SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: dual elevator servos

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Sat May 14 20:44:07 AKDT 2005

Jerry:
You should be able to use function 22 and set up the tail for D/Elev (dual elevators).  Try it by using AUX 3 (channel 8) for the left elevator and the regular elevator channel for the right side.  If you need to, use func 11 to reverse the direction of travel for either channel as required.  Then, use code 15, the sub trim function to set both channels to zero and with your trims centered and get the servo arms as close to center as possible by adjusting their position on the output shaft.  Then go back to the sub trim function and get them each aligned exactly parallel to the hinge line.  After this, do the mechanical linkage adjustment to get the elevator halves centered.  Last step, use code 12 (travel adjust) to get the throws the same for each side.  After this is all done and working right, you can use code 14 (trace rate) to change the throws of both channels at the same time.  All your D/R and expos will work the same on both channels.

Now I'm not sure if this all is supported on the 8103 (probably is), and should be there for PCM 10.  All this gives you the functional equivilent of a Matchbox.  If for some reason the travel doesn't match well between center and end points, you could always revert to a standard multi-point mix and play with the in between points, but it should not be necessary in most cases.

Good luck!
Ed