Dean/JM

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Mon May 9 16:23:48 AKDT 2005

Bill,

I tend to agree.

I still believe that we in the US should do what is
best for promoting the sport of precision aerobatics
in the US (whatever that "best" may be). The cream
will always rise to the top.

To say it another way, if FAI goes way off in left
field with the equipment limitations, and we blindly
follow, we may lose overall participation in the US in
the AMA classes. What good is that?

It would be nice to have rules in the US that attracts
participants AND allows the same equipment to be flown
in FAI. You would be able to fly any AMA model in FAI,
but maybe not the other way around.

Some would say that the designers/manufacturers would
have a more difficult time producing kits for both
markets. Well, maybe. But, given the amount of
interest in the "90" sized model of late, I have to
wonder if that is a completely valid argument. Of
course, I've been known to fly bastard planes in
pattern so what do I know! :-)

Bob R.

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.