Dean/JM

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Mon May 9 15:37:33 AKDT 2005

Insofar as I am concerned, I don't believe that we should even consider
such a move as outlined below, until we find out exactly what the FAI
people are proposing.  Inasmuch as I have had  lengthy back-and-forth
with several qualified people on how only allowing a weight increase
would obsolete all pattern airplanes now existing, and open a Pandora's
box  that would be extremely detrimental to the sport,  (and these folks
are well intentioned) I could not support a  knee jerk reaction that
says "whatever they do, we'll follow."    It is counter-productive, in
my opinion, to blindly follow, and subject the entire sport, to rules
that may ultimately affect, and be reflected in, a segment of the
pattern community that may not be representative of the whole body.  If,
on the other hand, it appears that such rules changes, legally affecting
only FAI, would be beneficial to our sport as a whole, then I'd say
"approved!"

Bill Glaze