Outside Corners DZ sag

Jim Ivey jivey61 at bellsouth.net
Sat May 7 15:12:56 AKDT 2005

 Help
I am having a sag with my 160DZ in the first and second outside corner of the diamond 8. by the time I get to the top for the 45 down line the engine has recovered. I have replumbed with bigger tubing and removed all restrictions like tees etc and reduced the fuel line length.
 I have tried 1/4 turn in on the pump to increase the pressure and the engine doesn't idle without loading up. It seems to me the pressure(pump output) or the vacuum pulling the fuel is borderline. The tank is higher than the carb,which would tend to make it sag or Lean-out on neg "G" manuevers.

I am thinking maybe the clunk isn't following the fuel on this sudden push neg "G" so I have wrapped a 1/4 oz lead (thin strip) around the clunk just aft of the foam.I have'nt tried this yet. This brings on the question will the lead react with the Hi nitro and methanol and contaminate the fuel. I know brass reacts to fuel. Anybody know the answer?Where's the chemists when you need them.
Am I overlooking something.?
Jim Ivey

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.