Contests

Emory Schroeter emorydmd at earthlink.net
Wed May 4 18:06:59 AKDT 2005

Cameron, Jim and other D3'ers,

In the next K-Factor (May), I included a section asking for suggestions on
where to hold the D3 championship. When we had Louisiana in our district,
Pensacola really was a fairly central location for our district. Now since
they have moved, we may want to consider a new location. Don't get me wrong,
I really do like the Pensacola site for having a contest. If we decide to
keep that site for the D3 Champs, that is great with me. If folks want to
switch to another site, that is fine also. I don't particularly like the
Andersonville site during that time of year due to the sun. It is a great
site in June when we have our regular season contest, but I don't like have
to fly from two flight lines. But that is just me. I have joined a new club
in Gay, GA (yeah, yeah, that is the name of the town). They have a 1000'
long runway that faces north so sun is never a problem. The club president
is receptive to the idea of having a contest. The only downer to this site
is that there aren't any hotels closer than 25-30 minutes. It would be about
the same drive for the Miami gang, but roughly 5 hours from other parts of
the district. Before we moved to the current setup of holding the contest in
Pensacola, we used to have a rotating contest. So that is another thought
that we could go back to that format. I do want to hear from D3'ers to see
what they want to do for next year.

As far as this year goes, my feeling was that since it is already May, we
should keep the contest in Pensacola and then decide what people want to do
for next year.

Ideas or comments?
Emory Schroeter
D3 VP