T14MZ

Koenig, Tom Tom.Koenig at actewagl.com.au
Mon Mar 28 13:01:11 AKST 2005

Gents, thanks for the replies regarding the radio.

Well...down here in Australia we have not received them yet as we are on 36 mHz, but the orders had to placed last week with Futaba in Japan by our distributor ( which happens to be in my opinion, very, very ordinary and the reason why JR has such a market dominance)

Anyway..sorry ..I digress, gets my blood boiling.

Our introduction 'special' price is Aus $3100-3200...... that's big money in anyone's language, but we get screwed down here for being such a small market, and taxes are a killer. Hence many of us buy from the internet and take the chance with getting slugged by customs. But with radios, it's just not worth it ( from past experience!!) and being on 36 mHz has us cornered.
Engines are the same, we pay about $1000 Aus for a 160 DZ. Scary aint it, when you consider what you guys in the US pay?

Hence we like SHS, Radio South and Central H so much. Not only for the price, but they have a rare thing called ' good service'!!

Tom