Adobe Troubles (longer)

Jerry Budd jerry at buddengineering.com
Sun Mar 27 23:10:16 AKST 2005

Actually Scaled Composites both uses AND develops their own
applications for their Macs.  The ground control station they
developed to support their realtime flight data processing and flight
safety critical displays runs on Macs.  Same with AeroVironment in
Simi Valley, the company that flew the Helios aircraft to nearly 100k
feet a few years ago.  AV both uses applications written for the Mac
and develops their own apps for the Mac.

I've asked the people I know at Scaled and at AV why they prefer the
Mac and the answer is always the same:  easier to setup, easier to
use, easier to develop apps on, more stable, super fast, easier to
network.  It isn't that they somehow settled on Macs years ago and
don't know anything about Windows.  They've tried Windows several
times in the past and keep coming back to the Mac.

Jerry

--
Jerry Budd
mailto:jerry at buddengineering.com