Composite-ARF IMPACT

Grow Pattern pattern4u at comcast.net
Sun Mar 27 14:46:10 AKST 2005

Yesterday was good enough for testing pattern planes in southern NJ.

I am pleased to report that if you have not yet flown your new IMPACT  you
should be pleasantly surprised.

 I was delighted with mine from the moment it left the ground. It took a
while to program the OS mixture carb due to the cooler temperatures and a
new liner and piston/ring.

After the first flight the only mix that I could see that will be needed
will be a tiny bit of  roll correction in one direction. After a
length-of-the-field knife-edge KE test you could get about 1/4 of a roll in
the opposite direction to the right rudder input. There was no elevator trim
required at all.

Thanks to a first class incidence-setting job by George Asteris the plane
flew great from the outset. Some planes just feel right as they leave the
ground. This is one of them. Thanks to all of the throw-setting advice in
the thread there was no real need to change anything. Spins were solid with
rudder and elevator only, The 2-turn reverse was as good as the pilot's
timing.

Because it is an IMPACT with top ailerons it has the signature Pterodactyl
"screech!" when you snap. You just add your own "whooping!"....

Regards,

Eric.

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.