CAD Program

Mark Hunt flyintexan at houston.rr.com
Sun Mar 27 09:04:54 AKST 2005

I use Solid Edge (via work) and it's capabilities are on par with Solid
Works.  Assemblies can be very large and still load quickly.  Everything is
parametric and sketching is also very intuitive.  I can also drive profiles
by use of a spreadsheet (airfoils) which allows me to do alot of iterations
in a short time.  Of course, like Solid Works, it is relatively expensive
per seat.

Another one I have tried briefly is called Alibre.  It seems nearly as
capable as Solid Edge and Solid Works at about half the cost.

http://www.geocities.com/markhunt_2000/seimage

-Mark