YS 140 sport problem

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Sat Mar 26 17:28:33 AKST 2005

Ed,
 I know - AMF had deep pockets (not many of us admit AMF was a "good"
thing). If it weren't for AMF, Harley probably would never have been able to
develop the Evolution - that was a good thing (and this is coming from
someone who owns Pans and Shovels). The part I was referring to was the
"push stuff out the door" mentality that AMF brought. I think a little bit
of that is happening at YS - maybe. I don't know how many AMF era Harleys
you've worked on, but I've seen more than a few. I was an HD engine builder
for about 10 years. In fact, I own a '72 Iron-head Sportster, a '64 outside
oiler Pan and an '82 FXRS. They're not bad after you take them apart and fix
everything (like you had to do with a 1 year old machine)- but let's face
it, the quality wasn't the best.

John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com