YS 140 sport problem

iflyrc24 iflyrc24 at columbus.rr.com
Fri Mar 25 10:59:41 AKST 2005

I was trying to start my YS 140 Sport and could not get it to fire. While cranking with the starter the compression went totally away. I took the valve cover off and noticed the intake valve clearance was about 1/8" or so. I pushed in the valve to see if it was stuck and it fell into the cylinder. I removed the head and the intake valve and seat assembly came out of the head fully assembled with spring and keepers in tact.

Can the intake assembly be reinstalled in the head and what holds it in place? Other than aligning the intake ports is there any other alignments to watch for?