JR 10X Upgrade??

William C. Harden flyinbill1 at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 22 14:27:06 AKST 2005

Eric and all,

Yes, I meant the 10X.  I haven't been keeping up with the JR line of
radios.

Does anyone know if JR is planning on an upgrade of their 10X radio this
year?

I have a feeling it may be some time before we see the major radio
manufacturers redesign their systems for a better RF link.  I'll
probably go ahead and buy a new radio in the near future.  My only real
question is will it be a JR or Futaba radio?  And I'm wondering what new
10X radio upgrades are being planned by JR.

The Futaba 14MZ is way out of my price range.  That leaves the JR 9303
and 10X, as well as the Futaba 9C and 9ZWCII.  I have ruled out the
Futaba 9C as the JR 9303 has the better features.  I asked Steve Helms
about a week ago if Futaba was going to upgrade the 9ZWCII and he said
he didn't know and couldn't tell me if he did.  So now I'm wondering if
JR will be upgrading the 10X and if so will it be available this year?

Well anyway, those are my thoughts.

Anyone have an answer if JR is planning to release an upgraded 10X radio
this year, or replace the radio?

Bill