[SPAM] Re: JR 10SX

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Tue Mar 22 07:35:33 AKST 2005

Bill,

I am one of the people that will not fly at that
field. I went to two contests there, at the first,
lots of people crashed from interference (five or
six?). At the second, same situation, and I almost
crashed from interference. Both times all I heard from
club memebers were "we've never had a problem here". I
could buy that at the first contest, but not the next,
since I SAW the problems at the first contest.

I did a check with a spectrum analyzer there at the
second contest, but it was not conclusive. However,
while I was there under the shelter, a flyer asked for
a pin on one of the ham freqs. The club member who was
handling the impound gave it to him. A few minutes
later the flyer came back, said he almost crashed, and
asked if I saw anything on his freq. Before I could
dial in that freq, the impound person, the one that
gave him the pin, said "oh, we have a problem on that
freq". I was appalled.

I would like to know why I was getting hits there.
I've not had a problem anywhere else that I have
flown. I had talked with someone after the fact about
what I should be looking for based on the particular
radios that seemed to be getting hits. I suspect there
is a logical explanation for why the hits were
happening, too lengthy to go into online. I believe
there is a problem there. I'm sorry, but I will not
fly there until it can be explained, and I don't think
that is going to happen as long as the club members
want to believe there is no problem.

Bob R.