If it was not true it would be funny....

Randall Bearden rbearden56 at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 18 16:07:08 AKST 2005

On 3/18/05 8:21 PM, "Lamar Blair" <l.blair at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> Again do not do this you may think it would work but take my word it will not.
>
> Lamar

Based on what you have stated she doesn¹t have a case.  The accident was not
on the flying site property and nobody there invited or caused her to leave
her home and have the accident.  The fact that she has a history of
complaints and that those complaints were not proved weighs in your favor.
As far as trespassing maybe she considers the airspace above her property to
be restricted in some fashion.  I don¹t believe that a citizen can claim the
airspace above their property as private otherwise think of the messes that
every airline or the military would have to deal with just to fly.

The actions that she took leading to her accident were of her own choice.
It sounds as if her own carelessness is the cause.  Pain and suffering are
usually not awarded if you didn¹t in fact cause them.  The fact she hurt
herself on her own property will make make the burden of proof (which falls
on her) very difficult.  As far as legal costs she can sue for filing fees
but not attorney fees because representation is not required to plead the
case.

A strong counter suit would get her attention.  After all you seem to have
gone to extra lengths to prove that you are doing what is reasonable to
resolve her problem. (Except for dying and having the flying field
bulldozed)  The problem will be proving she actually caused you harm beyond
the pain in the but she is.  If you have a lawyer in your club well then
problem solved, slam dunk for the good guys.  You may counter sue for court
costs but unsure about the lawyer fees.

I am not a lawyer however I studied tort law and some civil law while
completing my Masters.  I could be way off base here but I don¹t think I am.

Keep us posted
Randall Bearden